Saturday, April 2, 2011

Social Media

The internet has exploded with social media lately. I have always tried to keep a sense of anonymity on the internet. I joined Facebook and have found it to be a great way to keep in touch with old friends and neighbors. Last year, I plugged in the names of some probable descendants of the Spencer family...and in less then a day, all three wrote me back! So we connected but haven't gotten much farther.

I also use Twitter. I am addicted. I tried to keep separate accounts for genealogy and every day life. It really became too difficult to maintain, but I have yet to "pull the plug" on the genealogy account. I have Twitter on my BlackBerry and usually check my tweets that way. Those who are familiar with me get genealogy, sports, world opinion, and motherhood tweets. You can follow me at SallyOnTheGo.