Thursday, May 8, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Genealogy Style!

In honor of Throwback Thursday (yet another social media meme), I give you my kids with their great-great-great-great-grandparents:


How is that for a multigenerational photo? That's nearly a 200 year span.

This was taken about 12 years ago at Rowley Cemetery in Locke Township, Ingham, Michigan. The boys are standing next to Wright SPENCER (1811-1899) and Sally JOSLIN SPENCER (1819-1895). 

Back then, the tradeoff was they visit the cemetery with mom in exchange for running around collecting sticks and pinecones and rocks. And I get this once-in-a-lifetime memory. Works for me!

(c) 2014 Sally Knudsen

6 comments:

  1. Sally,

    I want you to know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2014/05/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-may-9-2014.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a fair trade-off to me. :) Great PIc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eventually, they'll be glad you put them together, Sally. Cheers for such a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of your for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! I love the win-win situation :)

    ReplyDelete