Monday, March 25, 2013

Making History (and Mom Cry!)

This is a digression from my typical postings, but a little bragging is in order. My children are both top quality runners (if I do say so!) and this past weekend, my oldest, a high school senior, did his team, his family, and himself proud!

Competing in the (unofficial) Illinois Indoor State Championships for track and field, my son and his teammates won the 4 x 800m relay. Their time: 7:58.10! They finish the indoor season as the #1 Illinois relay, the only team to break 8 minutes, and the #30 fastest in the US! He came back an hour later to finish 9th individually in the 1600m in a time of 4:25 - his personal best. He has faced much adversity in his high school running career and we couldn't be more proud and thrilled for his success!

second from right in the cool socks
making a bit of his own family history



© 2013 Sally Knudsen